Back & Neck Community
i got mild dextroscoliosis of the thoracic spine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

im noel from the philippines 29 yrs old, i was x-rayed last august 26, 2008 and i was diagnosed to have mild dextroscoliosis of the thoracic spine, is there a cure for this illness? will this be a hindrance for my application for work abroad? i really wanted to know, please help, thanks
hi sir, actually dextroscoliosis is one type of scoliosis, i don't think it will be hindrance for your application as long as it will not affect your skills. but it is better if you consult your employer or the agency you are applying to. and the usual treatment for it is braces, physical therapy or surgery.. and by the way sir, if you are around manila maybe you can drop by on one of our health lecture so you can also get some info about health and diseases and learn some other ways to manage certain diseases, it is free po, in cubao QC.. just contact me po through YM ***@**** or at 09278480653.. tnx po..hope we can help...
HI IM ALSO HAVE A THORACIC DEXTROSCOLIOSIS..I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO..CAN YOU HELP ME?..please.. is there any cure about this? you know what when i got the result of my xray,i felt like a loser,,why? coz i am planning to work  in abroad,actually i have a pasport already and agency. can you please help me?
hi,,i think we have the same problem.. and the date we got our xray result was also the same..heheheh..aja po!! tira..tira!!sbi ni jazmin,,yaka ntin 2
aliyah, noel, where did you have your x-ray?  it seems that may x-ray result also says that i have a mild dextroscoliosis as well.
HELLO! I read ur article and yesterday i had my x-ray and found the same result.. what can i do? it wasn't painful though.. aebee
Also had my cxr at LCP for my BST training and found out i had mild thoracic dextroscoliosis.  I had my Cxr before prior to that and found out nothing but normal? weird? im going to have a second opinion about it kinda worry a little.
nothing to worry about dextroscoliosis.  i have the same and i am currently working here in bahrain.  it will be not a hindrance if you are applying for an office work but if you will be like workers and doing heavy jobs, i am not sure.  also, just keep your posture correct all the time.  depends on your age, but usually for those who are not growing anymore like us, it will not become worse unless you are always on a bad posture.  
hi..can i ask about thoracic dextrocoliosis??i just have my x ray this october 2009..it says that i have a mild t d...i wil just ask if theres a posible that it will go along injury in my spine if i cant cure this???if there is an solution of this??
if u were diagnosed with mild dextroscoliosis of the thoracic spine,do u need medication,therapy when u feel nothing at all?do i need further evaluation?
Guys if you are above 20's or not growing tall anymore dont worry with your "little problem" it will not bother anymore coz it will not worsen anymore.as long your bones are fully developed and has stop from growing thats it''no more problem.working abroad also doesnt bother you x ray or med result.you can still work abroad..my advise is to have a constant take of calcium specially whn u reach 50's above.that the time your bone density declined so they tend to become brittle and lessdense..but hey//enjoy take it easy guys we're still young and can still work..2nd advise..dont get fat stay healthy, exercise,sleep get use to face left side(for right side convexity).thats it..Godbless
I ALSO HAVE this kind of certain problem..i was diagnosed with a dextroscoliosis in the thoracic spine..is it advisable if i will use braces.?would it be a big help?
Hello there. I" malou, 37 years old, was also diagnosed with mild dextroscoliosis when I was 22. It's true that I'm not experiencing pain, but just I noticed that  my right shoulder is higher and my right chest seems to push forward, so I became conscious of my posture.But everyone won't notice if we try to correct our posture when we are outside.
i also have the same illness.. i Got my x-ray last friday.. I'm still 16yrs old..huhuhu I'm really worrying about it.
hi everyone..upon reading the comments being posted here.. i realized not to worry about my problem about my back..I have the same condition as you guys... Its a good thing to provide calcium daily as supplements if you dont want to take milk anymore..and you can also take FERN-C (sodium ascorbate/non-acidic vitC) coz it can also help/treat deformities in the bone..Its true...
Pls stay happy! God bless!
i got a mild dextrocoliosis at thoracic spine since 2003, i giving birth in 2005, i got x ray since 2008 up to present, the result is its getting harder for me to stand staight at a long period of time even if i'm sit, its getting harder for me now, the doctor says the curve of my spine is going to the right, he says no cure for this., maybe operation buts its to dangerous and a lot of money will spent... can you gave me some tips, advice for my problems? tnx, maui from bulacan phils..
hi...I'm Cristina 40 years old and diagnosed to have a mild dextrocoliosis too last june 1, 2010..my big problem is, my back is very painfull. Is there any solution of this?
HI....Im leila fr.the phils.28 yrs.old i was x-rayed last jan.2010 and i was diagnosed to have dextroscoliosis of the thoracic spine at right side of my back,is there any solution of this,,,,pls!help thanks
i also have dextroscoliosis. I only knew it when I get my results in x-ray that is needed in my job requirements last june 23 2010. I dont know if it might affect my application in job. I am 21 years old from philippines. My doctor told me to have a correct my posture by straight body. Sometimes when I prolong having straight body my back aches.
hi. i also have dextroscoliosis. i got my xray result last week. my back is always aching. im already 25 years old and longing if this disease has a remedy.
..i also have mild thoracic dextroscoliosis..hmmm i hope i cant get the job,,,cross finger.!!!..wat can i do to my back coz its aching.!!
I also diagnosis w/ dextroscoliosis at thoratic spine since 2005, and i always pass may medical examination until now. I'm working as a Seaman abroad. To relieve ur back pain. Just take calcium (milk), Vitamin C and try nyo CMD Concentrated Mineral Drops.  Guys, Dont forget to exercise. Now my back pain is gone.
I also diagnosis w/ slight dextroscoliosis since 2006 and on apr 2010 i have mild dextroscoliosis at thoracic spine , can anyone give me a good treatment for this i dont drink milk.. & wat vitamins should i take..tenks..!
CAN I WORK ABROAD THOUGH I HAVE MILD GOITER? THANKS
hi im ladielyn villeza i got the result of my xtray and i have a dextroscoliosis i want to give a suggestion for my sickness.....
I am jhondel maganda, 17 year old student, My problem is I am also diagnosed with mild dextroscoliosis, can this be a hindrance in my application as crew in mcdonalds company? I am worrying about it? cause i really need a job.
Hi i am 24 years old and i have also mild thoracic dextroscoliosis less than 20degrees the problem is i am a nurse can i still work? i have been rejected by the agency due to this problem and cannot work where i am applying for. could anyone give me advice what to do? thanx
Hi, Im 20 yrs old now and I have a LEVOSCOLIOSIS of the Lower Thoracic Spine. And its painful but not all the time there are times when I feel pain and sometimes not. What can I do help me pls, cause there are a lot of thing to do but I cant, What is the very best way to prevent or totally cure this illness.?? thank you and God Bless!
Hi i am maneth,26 yrs old from Davao city... last jaunuary 2011 na diagnose ako na may dextoscoliosis through x ray nalaman ko... ang sakit talaga,lalo na kapag may ginagawa akong mabibigat na mga gawain sa bahay.... hindi ako makagalaw lalo na pag sumasakit...  everytime sumasakit dali dali kong pinapamasahe sa husband ko... ang hirap pa la nang sitwasyon na may ganitong uri ka nang karamdaman... wala naman daw gamot sabi nang doktor ko...  advice lang nya sa akin na wag masyadong magpagod... i always pray to God na sana pagalingin nya ako....  
Hi, is mild dextroscoliosis can affect pregnancy?
.. i have the same sakit and sabi ng doctor
if may pera aq pa rehab 4 proper posture and exercise ,sana may tutorial para d maxado gasto!!may alam ba sa exercise??
thnk u, i'm enlightened by ur words...i am also diagnosed with minimal dextroscoliosis lower thoracic and lumbar spine...i am 46 yrs old now at d start i was so worried of my situation but ryt now  tnx i am alright.God Bless po.
I'm 40 years old. received ko un xray ko ngayon. slight dextroscoliosis of the thoric spine ang nakalagay sa result..there's is blunting of the right costophrenic sulcus. yan yung result. can you help me? ano bang mabuti kong gawin.ano bang mga kakainin ko para magamot yan? Tulungan nyo naman ako..
I have the same problem too. I recently have visited 'Pain and Rehab' clinic at the 5th Floor in Megamall and I became aware of what dextroscoliosis is. I was attended by a physical therapist who has given me 'electro' something and hot compress for about 20mins. to relieve my back pain. After such procedure the PT also taught me of the basic exercises and stretching. For me even you were diagnosed with a mild dextroscoliosis only it is really helpful to consult a professional PT. It's the first move we have to do for us to become aware of the do's and dont's. My doctor said nothing to worry about it especially when you're in the age when you stop growing but it is important too to apply a proper remedy for this kind of illness as this may affect our ribcage and the intact of our internal organs. I was diagnosed just last June 2012 and I immediately visited a physician to help myself regarding this illness and I believe seeing a doctor applies to all.
hi, to those with scoliosis, it is best to consult a Orthopedian, then they'll refer you to a Physical Therapist or Occupational Therapist. You will be given medication and therapy sessions which could help. My sister is currently undergoing therapy sessions and she feels relieved.
lets just pray na lang
sa akin mahal lahat ng medication
di ko puede unahin i2 dahil may nag aaral ako 2 anak
mahal treatment at medication
I often feel pain when I am exhausted on my upper back area, I'm 23 years old and I got my Xray when I was 16 years old, it's been said i have dextroscoliosis thoracic spine. Do I have to worry? Thank you and best regards!
hi... i'm from philippines also... i was diagnosed with Thoracic dextroscoliosis, Lumbar levoscoliosis, and Predisposition to lumbosacral instability..... it says that a 22 degree rightward curvature involving T5 to T12 and a 14 degree leftward curvature involving L1 to L4 are seen. The vertical line of weight bearing falls anterior to the sacral promontory with a lumbosacral angle of 32 degrees... i always have back pains.... drinking milk is not enough,... last year its just "spinal asymmetry".....
I am 52 years old and was diagnosed with thoracic dextroscoliosis at my age now when I received my diagnostic xray result from St. Lukes.  I work as a teacher in a university and currently on rehab. leave due to papillary carcinoma affecting my thyroid gland.  I am due for operation that's why I had this xray. I remain very positive despite of my situation because I always rely on the Lord for everything in life. Most of you are young and have a good life ahead of you.  The reason why I still standing and living in faith is because of my two daughters, still growing up and my grand kids. Please don't lose hope, put your faith in the hands of God.  I always pray and recite the Psalms 23 and 91.  
hello maui i have also Mild dextroscoliosis avoid food that produce Uric acid,  I was attended by a physical therapist who has given me 'electro' something and hot compress for about 20mins. to relieve my back pain. After such procedure the PT also taught me of the basic exercises and stretching. For me even you were diagnosed with a mild dextroscoliosis only it is really helpful to consult a professional PT. It's the first move we have to do for us to become aware of the do's and dont's. My doctor said nothing to worry about it especially when you're in the age when you stop growing but it is important too to apply a proper remedy for this kind of illness as this may affect our ribcage and the intact of our internal organs. I was diagnosed just last June 2012 and I immediately visited a physician to help myself regarding this illness and I believe seeing a doctor applies to all same comment above.
halos parehas kami ni CuriosityGotMe, Ang Worst nung bumalik ako dito sa Saudi after treatment ay nakaramdam ako ng pinakamasakit na Backpain sa buong buhay ko di ako makatindig sa pagkakaupo ko at kahit maglakad ang hirap parang may sumipa na todo sa pinakalikod ko.

nagpacheck ako dito sa KIM hospital at binigyan ako ng gamot na RELAXON na inumin for 10 days di po ako gumaling then lipat ako ng Almana same din gamot lang at sinamahan ng Gel pampahid sa likod.

Ang nagpagaling sa akin ay hilot lang then iwas sa pagkain na mataas sa uric since nakita ko ito nung pa check up din ako ng dugo.

Sa ngayon tuloy pa rin ang pagmamasage ko sa isang Physical therapist dito with mild exercise po na tinuro sa akin dati sa Ospital. sa gabi bago matulog at sa umaga after maligo naglalagay ako ng Efficascent Oil. Samahan ninyo po ng Zumba. pero kung medyo masakit pa likod mo huag muna.matulog po kayo ng nakatagilid pakaliwa since DEXTRO ay kanan. sana pansamantalang makatulong ito..Now medyo ok aking pakiramdam >>
Thanks to all the informatiom guys! It really help me a lot, Less worries.. I'm a teacher, 22 yrs old and I just receive my x-ray last Feb 24,2014 and the findings was I have a mild dextrosccoliosis ! I will just take FERN-C, anlene 19-50 and more food which is rich in calcium.. GOD BLESS EVERYONE!