Back & Neck Community
inner front thigh pain and numbness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

inner front thigh pain and numbness

what is wrong with my leg?  I have had back pain for over three years.  About one year ago I felt something give in my lower right side.  It caused severe upper thigh pain.  I went to the hospital by ambulance.  I could not stand the pain nor could I walk.  I was given a shot and sent home.  I have had numbness and inner pain in my thigh off and on ever since.  It gets really bad when I have been sitting for a long time or riding in a car on a long trip.  I have had a series of three injections for my back,  plus rahab,  ect.  I was told three years ago that I had two bulging discs in my lower back.
deacon  
HI and welcome to the Back & Neck forum.

It could be that the disks are compressing a nerve that is causing ur issues. DId ur dr do MRI's?

WHen was the last time u had the testing done?

Have u been to the dr recently?.....if so, what has he suggested?

"selma"
Selma,  I have just gone through having three different series of shots.  As he gives me the shots he watches the scan on his computer.  He says one of my discs is still bulging, but that it is not likely causing all of my pain. None of these have helped.  I go back to see my dr. tomorrow.  I don't know what he will do now.   I have had CAT scans,  but have not had an MRI on my back.   I don't have insurance now and can't afford to have an MRI right now.  
My leg pain is very painful and my back gives me fits, too.  I am hoping that my dr. will do what I need.  I have lived with this for three years, now.  I am kinda used to it!  I do believe it is my thorn in the flesh!  I hoping someone might have dealt with this and could advise me as to where to go from here.
deacon2
Hi....may I ask where u live? If u r in the US, ur state will have a program u can sign up for. Medicare and Medicaid.

If u do this  quickly u may be able to get the MRI's u need.

Good luck

"selma"