Back & Neck Community
intense pain in between shoulder blades!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have had a sudden onset of back pain in the middle on my shoulder blades. i cannot lower my head, like looking down at my feet, or raise my arms higher than my chest without severe pain and burning in my back. lifting even the smallest thing, like my coffee to my mouth, also causes pain. could this be a pinched nerve? I am also having little spasms in my lower back, but they are not painful. the pain is occasionally radiating to my chest and hurts when i breathe in which also makes me wonder if this is linked to allergies, but i have not been coughing or anything of that sort. I am also hypoglycemic and i did have a mild blackout just yesturday but it was only for a couple seconds. i am still trying to get my blood sugar under control, so that is also an issue...any suggestions about what is going on with my back? The pain seems to be getting worse by the second. should i call my doctor or just give it a couple days and see if it dissipates? Thanks in advance!!
Hi there...

Was wondering how you made out with these pains. I have been experiencing the burning sensation which seems to be getting worse too. Been on Nexium for a month now, and also did an upper GI, that was normal. Could it be stress? If you find anything out, let me know.
ummmm...i think it had a lot to do with stress...i just took it easy for a couple days...which was hard with a two year old!! but it has pretty much subsided. i am still getting a sharp stabbing pain every once in a while and some tingling in my hands. the tingling can also be associated with my hypoglycemia, so i am not too worried. the first couple days were the worst, but now i am ok...good luck!!