Aa
A
A
Close
intense shoulder pain- could it be from spine?
I had a sudden onset of very intense pain in my shoulder not related to an injury or over use.
This has happened a few times previously and only lasted a few weeks then totally resolved. This time it has been 2 months. The pain is very intense and radiates down arm into elbow. Cannot find a comfortable postion laying down, so very little sleep. I also have neck pain at shoulder height and bending my neck sideways toward the painfull shoulder increases pain in neck area. It seems more difficult to bend neck backwards also.  I saw a shoulder surgeon and had an xray which did not reveal anything abnormal. Had cortisone injection and got no relief. I have no loss of range of motion in my shoulder. My doctor has scheduled me for an MRI with contrast of my shoulder. I told doctor about the neck pain. Should I be asking for imaging of the neck also at the same time? It took 2 weeks to get an open MRI appointment. Should I involve another spinal doctor?

Thanks so much fo any input.

John
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
712802 tn?1274649085
Yes, absolutely ask your pcp to also do the MRI of your neck! I have really bad shoulder pain that comes from disc issues in my neck. Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
Top Pain Answerers
Blank
Kalvin