Back & Neck Community
inversion table

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

inversion table

Are inversion tables effective for relieving back pain due to ruptured or bulging disc.
Inversion tables have very mixed opinions, good and bad ones .... Some will say that inversion will offer a temporary increase in the space between the vertebrae which might allow the discs some relief and could possibly create a vacuum like environment, encouraging any herniations of the disc material to travel back towards the centre.

Unfortunately I had a negative experience in that the increase in pressure in my head whilst in the inverted position for approx 10 minutes severely upset my balance for days, to the point where I was bed ridden, and also the ligaments in my ankles suffered as they had to hold the weight of my body whilst in the straps, but I have to say that whilst I was inverted I did have a feeling of relief from my back and sciatic pain.