Back & Neck Community
l4&l5 fusion

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

l4&l5 fusion

I had l4 -l5 fusion less then a month ago I'm still having the same pain prior to the surgery but now I'm also feelng and. hearing a popping in my back is_this normal. any information would be grea
great. thank you bailee21
Sometimes the operation does not take away the pain but helps with nerve damage. It has only been a month, give it time.
I had that popping too. It is the ligaments and muscles....not bone I was told. I had that for a long long time and it is much better 51/2 yrs later. As for the pain there is a 50/50 chance that it will be better from the surgery. I have worse pain now then I did before the fusion unfortunately. I still have nerve pain all the way down my leg too but in a different location then I had pre op. If I can answer any other questions please just let me know. Wishing you a speedy successful recovery. You are using your bone growth stimulator right?
Yes I'm using the bone stimulator to. but i also forgot to mention that i have fallen twice since surgery and that's when the popping started i go see the dr next week and I'm sure he will do an xray I'm just worried i might have done damage.
I can see your concern. Right after my surgery I was hit by a car head on. The car was totaled and I was concerned I had something out of place too. X-rays were taken a couple days later and everything was ok with my back. I have neck injuries now from the accident but the hardware they put in my back was perfectly fine. I would hope the same for you. There is a lot of change your entire body goes thru once you have a big surgery like that. I'm glad to hear you have an appointment to see your doctor. X rays will tell you what's going on. Please keep us posted.  
i guess the best thing i can say is  : no 2 people are the same,always be up front with your dr., never let him/her send you off w/o you feeling better whether it be physically or mentally. press the pain issues until there is an answer for it. i wish you the best !