Back & Neck Community
left shoulder and left arm/elbow pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

left shoulder and left arm/elbow pain

about 3 months ago I slept lengthways on the couch with my head partially propped up by my left arm in an akward position.  i fell asleep watching TV in the early evening and stayed there all night until i woke with shoulder pain that came on instantly as i woke.  Three months later I still have it.  Its very uncomfortable and also makes my left upper arm ache and also the elbow to the point where i have to hold it. it lasts for hours then goes then comes back.  The shoulder pain feels like two bits of string tightly wound just under my left shoulder blade running top to bottom (about 12 inches long).  I've tried resting my left side but if i do it feels withered and weak.  I've tried swimming and gentle excercise which I can do but it just wont go.  Strangely it instantly goes away if I take a very hot bath or shower.  Ive tried heat muscle rub but that not as good as a shower.  Have I done some serious long term damage?  Its been 3 months now.  I can work and move normally but I know something is not right.  It doesnt hurt worse if i excercise or not, its just constantly there.  Any help? ideas?