Back & Neck Community
left side shoulder and neck pain, arm weakness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hello, I'm a 29 yrs old female and for the past 5 days I've had neck and shoulder pain on the left side.  At first I thought maybe it was just a stiff neck, but as the days go by, it seems like it is getting worse.  Every day it seems as the soreness is spreading around the shoulder area.  It has spread as far as underneath my arm, to the front side  (next to my chest).   My left arm seems to be getting weak and heavy and I get pulsating feelings around the shoulder and in my arm.  I can actually move my arm and neck and the pain is tolerable, however, at night is when it's really bad!!  I haven't been able to sleep for the past week.  Sometimes the pain is extremely sharp and sometimes it burns, overall, it's always sore.  I have been searching the web to try to find answers, but no luck.  I have not seen a doctor yet, but will see one soon.  In the meantime, I was hoping to get some type of help!!  Thanks
Avatar n tn
I have what you have!!!!!  MY left back shoulder is killing me at night, laying down.  Its so weak, that i cant carry my purse.  PLease e-mail me if what you have done or learned.  My mom is telling me to go see a doctor but i really cant afford one.
***@****