Aa
A
A
Close
leg and back stiffness on left side
My left leg has been very stiff with pain when I attempt to stand but is fine while I am standing or walking. My lower back on the left side also stiffens when I bend over but is fine after I stand for a minute. This started about one month ago. I had been waking up with leg cramps daily for about two weeks straight but that subsided after taking Potassium but this started. Please help I am only 42 and very active.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
405614 tn?1329147714
Sorry about your pain.

Have you been active enough to strain your knee or lower back?  I have a herniated disc in my lumbar spine, and have pain in my right leg, and my back is sometimes stiff and painful when I bend over.  Maybe you've just overdone it somewhat and strained some muscles and it will take a little rest and ice to heal things up again.

I've had both of my ACLs reconstructed, the left knee twice.  When a knee is flared up, I find that my leg is very stiff when I go from sitting to standing, but eases up when I am walking, and the synovial fluid gets moving.  If the stiffness continues for a couple more weeks, you might consult with a doctor, maybe just for some physical therapy.  A lot of   P.T.s are pretty good at figuring out what's going on with your body.

I'm glad your cramps went away.  Good luck!

Kathy
Comment
Cancel
405614 tn?1329147714
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources