leg and back stiffness on left side
My left leg has been very stiff with pain when I attempt to stand but is fine while I am standing or walking. My lower back on the left side also stiffens when I bend over but is fine after I stand for a minute. This started about one month ago. I had been waking up with leg cramps daily for about two weeks straight but that subsided after taking Potassium but this started. Please help I am only 42 and very active.  
Sorry about your pain.

Have you been active enough to strain your knee or lower back?  I have a herniated disc in my lumbar spine, and have pain in my right leg, and my back is sometimes stiff and painful when I bend over.  Maybe you've just overdone it somewhat and strained some muscles and it will take a little rest and ice to heal things up again.

I've had both of my ACLs reconstructed, the left knee twice.  When a knee is flared up, I find that my leg is very stiff when I go from sitting to standing, but eases up when I am walking, and the synovial fluid gets moving.  If the stiffness continues for a couple more weeks, you might consult with a doctor, maybe just for some physical therapy.  A lot of   P.T.s are pretty good at figuring out what's going on with your body.

I'm glad your cramps went away.  Good luck!

Kathy