Back & Neck Community
levoscoliosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

levoscoliosis

I was diagnosed with levoscoliosis. I was wondering if i could have endured levoscoliosis from a neck injury or a back injury? I have bukging disc c6-c7 and my cervical spine is in a flexed position. I also have pinched nerves in my left arm.
Levoscoliosis is a curvature of the spine with a curving to the left from midline.
Most curvatures are genetic in nature and are not usually associated with any physical trauma.  
The general reason that individuals are "crooked" after an injury is due to associated muscle spasms and ligament injuries.  Once the spasms are relieved the spine returns to its original alignment.
The abnormal curvature of your cervical spine is probably related to muscle spasms as most scoliosis is found in the thoracic or lumbar spine.
The "pinched nerves" are probably in your cervical spine and are causing neurological changes in your left arm such as pain and tingling/numbness.
Hopefully you are under medical treatment for your cervical spine condition and will eventually see resolution of your symptoms.
Best wishes ----