lipoma removal
I am 27yrs old and have had spina bifida occulta with a lipoma at the L1 L2 level of my spine. It has never caused me any pain or health problems ..i am a mother of two healthy children and even during my pregnancies and delivery ( cesarians) i never had any medical problems due to it. However i have become increasingly consious about it and its physical appearance and it is really depressing at times..I am considering to have it surgically removed can u pls tell me the tests and the risks associated?  
Hi - I was really interested to read your post as I am in a similar position (minus the children).  I'm annoyed with myself at how much my lipoma is bothering me - but it is and I agree, it's quite depressing.  Did anyone reply to your question?  Have you made enquiries with your GP or are you thinking of going private?  Also just out of interest - were you able to have a spinal for your Caesarians?  Thanks.