Back & Neck Community
lower back and bottom pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

lower back and bottom pain

Hi, im have a really sore lower back pain it has been there for around 1 week it gets worse if i have beeen sitting down and try to get up, find it really hard to straighten my back, also seem to get shooting pain up my bottom if any pressure is put on it,
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the pain. Possibilities that may need to be considered include spinal causes such as postural issues, degenerations, inflammations; neuro-muscular causes, referred pain from other regions etc. It would be best to have this evaluated by an internist for an evaluation. After a cause is identified it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile you could try warm compresses and OTC NSAIDS and see if these seem to provide relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!