Back & Neck Community
lower back and right leg pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

lower back and right leg pain

I have myeralgia parasoecthica which probably accounts for the majority of my leg pain. However, in the last 5 years,I have developed severe lower back pain made worse by sitting and driving. All MRI's and x-rays have showed mild disc bulging in my lower spine. This pain also tends to make me weak, drowsy, unsteady in my movements and at times it tends to create a feeling of fogginess within my head. I have just been diagnosed with mild scoliosis in my lower lumbar spine. Am being treated with 1800mg of gabapentin a day, 12 mg of tizinidine, 500 mg of lodine x 3 and 5mg of oxycodene x 3. None the above helps very much, need HELP
Welcome to the Back and Neck Community.  Members are here to provide assistance and support to individuals experiencing symptoms related to possible abnormal conditions of the cervical and/or lumbar spine.  Advice given is non-professional and is primarily based on personal experiences.

As you are aware, meralgia paresthetica produces pain and burning sensations in your thigh.  The low back pain you have been experiencing has developed into a chronic problem since it has existed for 5 yrs.  If the x-rays and MRIs have limited the findings to mild disc bulging and no significant nerve involvement, the low back pain that occurs when sitting/driving may be due to chronic muscle sprain/strain or possible arthritic type pain.  
Are you currently under treatment by an orthopedist or neurologist?  Have they explored any treatment options with you such as epidural injections or physiotherapy?
You might be able to obtain some symptomatic relief through an active back pain management program.  Check this web site for additional information:
     www.backcarebootcamp.com
It may give you  a better understanding of the causes and types of low back pain and offer you methods of reducing your subjective discomfort.
Please post again with your progress and with any additional questions/concerns you may have.
Best wishes -----