Back & Neck Community
lower back pain and pressure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

lower back pain and pressure

hi this is my first post yay. I am 28 and a mother of four. I suffer ffrom lower back pain that is gradually getting worse. I have been to so many DR's who are always worried about something else that's gong on with me.. I have had xrays that show nothing but everytime  they do blood work my inflamation (inflammation) it through the roof. The  pain in in my very low back. I also feel lots of pressure that makes it hard to tell if I need to go to the bathoom (BM) sorry but that's how it is... I can't sleep because of the pain.. I feel like the muscles in my back are trying to pull me backwards so I try rocking back and fourth in a fetal position to help "stretch" it out.. Sometimes I feel shooting shap nerve pains down my right leg.. But the worst pain in the constant pain and prressure I feel all the time.. Also whe I lay down to sleep on my right side I have deep pain under the back of my ribs only on the right side. I have had a UTI that was neg.. I also pee alot still but that's prob not related.. If anyone can help please tell me something I have been living with this a year and a half my kids are missing out on things because I just can't play anymore. I miss feeling good.
Have you seen a Pain Management doctor?  Have you had an MRI to show EXACTLY what is going on?  Xrays won't cut it.  I think you need to see a Spine doctor.  See about injections, pain meds, PT, yoga, etc.   I have 3 kids myself, I know how hard it is to manage chronic back pain and motherhood.  I have been doing it for 2 years straight.  My L5/S1 recently herniated into a very large rupture that is causing me a great deal of pain, L4/5 is also now ruptured which it was not 2 years ago.  I see a surgeon in Sept.  I already saw one and ruled him out.  Hopefully this one will give me options, not just one.  Whenever your pain involves nerves that have to do urinary and bowl it is an URGENT situation.  I hope you get some answers.  SOON!
As a nurse I think it is very important to get a scan done.  I've had alot of experience with complaints such as yours and it's often ovary related.  One question tho---what do you mean inflammation is thru the roof??
I have never been offered a MRI but I'm about to demand one!! I can't sleep and I'm running on empty.. Jen they have always been surprised about my inflemation levels when they do blood work but not surprised enough to do anything :(
Would that be a Sed Rate that you are talking about??