Back & Neck Community
lower back pain with shooting pain down left leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

I have had lower back pain and shooting pain down my  leg that wraps around the front for 9 mths.

This is my left leg. The doctor said it was that my scraum was out of place. Then it was the ligments

were torn. So he gave me shots in my back. The last 3 mths I have been having left side pain and abdonmial

pain on the left side. It comes and goes. Now the last two days  my right side of my buttocks hurts like the left.

I know when this all started I was lifting weights but I stopped b/c of the pain. What can I do? I don't want to keeptaking pain meds forever. And they really don't work anymore. I need help badly?
Everyone is an individual case, but I think the abdominal pain could be your soas/illiacus muscle overworking to compensate for the back spasms.  My advice - find a great physical therapist who can work through your problems...because so much is involved.  Get to a physiatrist, get MRI's and find out what is happening so you can address the problems.
Yes, an MRI.  You may have a disc protrusion or other pathology at L5 S1 and perhaps L5 L4.  pain in the buttocks , down your leg, that wraps around is L5 S1.  Many physicians blame this on the SI joints, and others believe the SI joint is not responsible for such symptoms.  I don't think you can intelligently get any kind of treatment, even PT, until you know what your lower lumbar anatomy is like.  

Get an MRI and go from there!!