lower back/tailbone
Now I'm about 12 1/2 weeks and I have the typical back problems but whenever I lay down flat on my back and there's pressure on my tailbone it kills me. I know it's not constipation do idk what else it could be...any ideas?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, injuries, bone contusion, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments etc inflammations, fractures/ dislocations, bone bruise, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
How are you? What other symptoms are present? The back pain is indeed common during pregnancy. The pressure could be due to the enlarging uterus, inflamed muscles or also indirectly  from hormone changes. It is usually recommended to lie on your left side instead of flat on your back. This also helps relieve any pressure to the veins in the area. If it persists, it is best that you check with your doctor for proper evaluation. Regualr prenatal consult is highly recommended. Take care and do keep us posted.