lumbosacral spine xray results
These are the results I got from my Doc today, was in a hurry, so couldn't stick around and really go over the results, and next app't isn't for another month.  Can't wait that long.

There is a very shallow scoliosis, convex left.  The spine otherwise demonstrates normal alignment.  There are mild degenerative changes at all levels from L1 to L4 where there is narrowing and minimal sclerosis.   Again seen is a compression deformity involving the superior end--plate of L2.

Can someone explain each sentence to me?  Scoliosis, I understand I was born with (only thing I had time to ask)  Is this problem hereditary?   If so, will I have shared it with my girls?  Convex left I don't understand.

Thank for any insight.  

Hi there!

Scoliosis independently is not considered to be hereditary, though it may occur in association with a few syndromes as well. Convex left means that the curve bulge is towards left. Also there are mild degenerative changes seen along the lower spine.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!