Back & Neck Community
lump on my back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

lump on my back

I have just found a lump on my back. It is on the right side, upper back about 5cm down from my armpit and  10cm owards the centre of my back. It feels kind of rubbery and seems to move slightly.
It doesnt hurt but feels very odd. I'd say its the size of a pea and quite hard. I feels like a kind of cyst to me but I'm not sure.  The fact that it moves slightly worries me. If I went to me GP what would they do?  Hope you can help because I hate going to the doctors. Don't want to waist their time.  many thanks.
dont worry about wasting your doctor's time. they are here to check things that concern patients. most of the time patients worry for nothing, but sometime there is cause for concern and doctor can help--perhaps even save live. there is no way to make you feel relieved or concerned over the internet. you should go to the doctor if you are concerned.