Back & Neck Community
meningitis?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

meningitis?

A month ago I got a puppy and I was taking her out at nights, sometimes with no jacket or just out of the shower. A few days after I got her, I developed a sore throat and for a while I was running fever on and off. I am a teacher, therefore many times I just had to sit down for a bit because of the cough or because I randomly became feverish. The fever felt bad for a few minutes, then it would calm down. Two week later, the fever was gone but the cough has lingered. I have not gone to the Dr. since usually my illness just leaves with no meds. Today a month later, my coughs are sparse but painful. usually a nasty green or completely white (not transparent, white). Anyways today all of the sudden my neck started hurting as well as my head and my brain feels like it keeps pumping. And every time I cough my head and neck explode with pain. It feels like the glands or nodes under my jaw are swollen or at least they hurt.. Please help, and sorry for writing a book on my woes.  
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms, though with the symptoms, this sounds like a respiratory tract infection which may require antibiotic. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile you could try some OTC anti-histaminics and cough syrups for symptomatic relief.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!