Aa
A
A
Close
mild lumber disc & moderate facet joint degenerative changes, & congenitally narrowed lumbar spinal canal.
I have been diagnosed with the above, can you possibly explain this to me in English as my GP has told me it will only get worse with time i was involved in a road traffic accident 3yrs ago & have had back problems since, getting severe over the last yr really affecting my life I'm only 37yrs old & thought that only older people suffered with this my life has changed so much i used to be so fit & healthy now i cant even go to the gym most days i cant walk or stand for longer than 5 Min's even sleeping is a problem as i can never get comfortable & wake 6-7 times at night in pain or needing the loo this is what the M R I scan report says.....

At L2-3 mild disc bulge with annular tear,

At L3-4 similar disc bulge with annular tear, with mild central canal indentation.

At L4-5 more prominent disc bulge, with an annular tear, with moderate central spinal canal stenosis with cauda equina nerve crowding,& border line lateral recess stenosis with L5 neural impingement. Moderate foraminal stenosis also.

At L5-S1 there is a moderate right lateral recess-stenosis & moderate foraminal stenosis, worse on the right side. Small far lateral facet joint synovial cyst on the left at this level.

comment;
Multilevel lumbar disc bulges, moderate hypertrophy & congenitally narrowed lumbar spinal canal, with moderate centeral spinal canal & borderline significantn lateral recess stenosis at L4-5 & moderate lower lumber foraminal stenosis.
can you explain things to me & what surgery i will need or if i'm just gonna get worse if it goes untreated wat is the worse that could happen to me thanks x
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I HAVE CHRONIC LBP . RECENT MRI=PROMINENT FACET DEGENERATIVE CHANGES AT L4-L5 AND L5-SI.
MILD ANTEROLISTHESIS OF L4 OVER L5
SLIGHT L CENTRAL PROTRUSION T12-L1 W/O IMPINGEMENT
SCOLIOTIC POSITIONING TO THE RIGHT

I HAVE RECENT LOSS OF REFLEXES KNEE TO FOOT WITH POLYNEUROPATHY OF BOTH FEET. RECENT ONSET PAIN OF POSTERIOR R THIGH AND L SCIATICA.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources