Back & Neck Community
mri results-syrinx-back and neck pain-TIRED OF HURTING!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

mri results-syrinx-back and neck pain-TIRED OF HURTING!!

I was HOPING you could help me.. have a history of back pain in back and neck. Got mri/2005 but pregnant right after so couldn't get in clinic. Haven't had follow up since. Am including mri results after history. Fast forward to present. I had 4 abdominal surgeries in past 6 months all going thru same incision. Had complications w last and developed seroma. Still having a ton of pain gynecologist ordered a ct scan. I have another cyst on ovary but she doesn't think it's causing the pain. They have said it probably nerve and muscle damage from so many surgeries in such a short time. Sending me to pain mgmt to see about nerve block or injections. But also thinks exasperated previous condition with my spine with all of the swelling. It started off w just pain in abdomen and side the started going around to back also causing numbness. It has gotten much worse over past weeks. Severe pain in lower back. Feels like it could snap. Pain developed toward upped back and neck also causing numbness also going into arm at times. Ton of pressure at neck, low back, pelvis and hips. By end of day can hardly walk or stand for more than a few minutes.
Do you this could have exasperated my problem? And how serious do the results of mri look?

CERVICAL SPINE MRI WO CONTRAST
FINDINGS- motion artifact significantly limits assessment of cord signal. C3-4 shows mild disc bulge. C4-5 is normal. C5-6 shows a broad based disc protrusion causing subtle diffuse cord flattening. C6-7 shows mild disc bulge. C7-T1 shows a small left paracentral disc protrusion causing mild thermal sac defacement. High T2 signal suggest possible syrinx within the cord beginning at the C5 level.
THORACIC MRI WITHOUT CONTRAST
FINDINGS-no marrow edema. A thin syrinx is fairly long. It is subtle at T1-T2 levels, though easily visible beginning at T5 level. extends down to the conus. T8-T9 a left paracentral disc protrusion causes subtle cord flattening. No other disc herniation is evident.
PLEASE HELP!! THANK YOU!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Back & Neck Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...