Back & Neck Community
mri

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

mri

Just came from the doctor with my MRI results, she is sending me to see a surgeon, dont understand mri

Findings: there is a remote burst fracture at L4. There is approximately 75% loss of height. Ther is 4mm of retropulsion of the posterior margin of the L4 vertebral body into the spinal canal. No acute fracture of listhesis is identified.

Bone Marrow signal intensity is otherwise normal. Disc desiccation is present at L3-L4, L4-L5 ANDL5-S1. Intevertebral disc height and signal is otherwise normal. The conus medullaris is normal in size and signalintensity and terminates normally at L1. There is no paraspinal mass identified.

At L1-2, there is no central canal stenosis or neurforminal narrowing present. The AP diameter of the thecal sac measures 13mm/

At L2-3, there is no central canal stenosis or neuroforaminal narrowing present. The AP diameter of the thecal sac measures 13mm.

At L3-4, there is a disc bulge present. Retropulsion of the posterior margin of the L4 vertebral body is noted as well. There is resulting mild spinal canal stenosis. The AP diameter of the thecal sac measures 9mm. Ther is mild bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing. Mild bilateral facet arthropathy is present.

At L4-5, there is a disc bulge and facet arthropathywith resulting mild central canal stenosis. The AP diameter of the thecal sac measures 9mm. There is mild bilateral neuroforaminal narrowing.

At L5-S1, there is bilateral facet arthropathy. There is no significant central canal stenosis or neuroforminal narrowing present. The annular tear is noted at the posterior margin of the disc.

IMPRESSION:
1. Remote L4 fracture with resulting loss of height
2. Mild spinal canal stenosis at L3-4 secondary to a disc bulge and retropulsion of the posterior margin of the L4 vertebral body into the spinal canal.
3. Mild spinal canal stenosis at L4-5 secondary to disc bulge.
4. Mild bilateral neuroforminal at L3-4 and L4-5 secondary to disc bulges and facet arthropathy.
5. Annular tear at the posterior margin at the L5-S1 disc.

I am 45 yrs old was involed in an auto accident in 2009 with a L4 burst, having lots of lower back pain and numbness and tingling down the left leg.