Back & Neck Community
muscle relaxer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

muscle relaxer

I went to my doc because ive been having pain in my neck head and shoulders.Everyone kept telling me it was from my generalized aniety disorder i have and take some ibprofen.Well that would help a little but it still hurt.I told my doc nothin was workin so she gave me a xray and said i have mild rematoid arthritis in my neck and really bad muscle spasms which is causing the sharp pains in my head that last for only about a min but hurt really bad and my neck and shoulder pain.Its hard to understand why its causing the head pain but she says its all connected and gave me a script for generic flexell cyclobenzaprine 10mg amneal.I dont like to take any meds so im a little scared.I heard that you could break them in half so that the drowness when u wake isnt so bad.Has anyone done this and did they still work or should i just take the whole thing?Im just afraid that they will be to strong.I only weigh 115pds.I also take .25mg of zanax at night to help relive night and morn anxiety cause thats wen its the worse.I dont take the zanax any other time unless i have a real bad panic attack. Im also  supposed to take the flexell at night.My doc says its fine but i was just wanted some more feedback i guess....
flexeril (I believe it's the same thing your dr gave you) is a good muscle relaxer. I haven't had too many wierd side effects other than the sleepiness and since it is not time released you can cut it in half if you need.

I'd suggest taking the 1/2 and if it doesn't work take a whole 10mg thing and see if it helps.  Flexeril helps me better than the other similar strength stuff so I try to take it at night and then again first thing in the morning. :) I hope it helps you
I've taken cyclobenzaprine myself for muscle spasms. When you first start taking, it might make you feel a little strange, and it can blur your vision a little. But  as you begin to get use to it these side effects tend to go away. You don't have to be frightened of it, just be cautious. And don't drive or anything, til you get used to it.

I've never heard of anyone  taking half a pill, but its probably a good idea until you get use to it. And hopefully, it will make you feel better.

Take Care