Back & Neck Community
muscle spasm?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

muscle spasm?

when i touch both sides of my shoulders where the neck and shoulders meet, it is uneven one is slightly raised and when i palpate it is hard compared to my left. i had an accident last February involving my right side, could this be caused by it? and at the beginning of april i felt pain on right arm and had it consulted. no pain now but still can feel the hardened part on my shoulder. could this be something serious or its just muscle spasm as my doctor claimed it to be?
You might want to consider seeing a Chiropractor who will do X-ray's to determine if your upper skeletal relationship is uneven - which could be from your accident. It could be that you are tighter on one side than another, and could benefit from exercises to stretch one side and strengthen the other. This type of assessment would be something a Physical Therapist could do or even a really good Licensed Massage Therapist. I prefer Chiropractors who use 'Agitators' rather than ones who do extreme 'Adjustments'. You can Google for Agitator Chiros location. Best Wishes!