Back & Neck Community
mysterious back pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

mysterious back pain

I am a 70 year old female and I do have osteoporosis but I'm not sure is this is my problem. Last Tues. evening, My husband was kind enough to rub some cream on my feet while I was laying on the couch beside him. I was on my side so I could watch a tv show. A couple hours later, when we retired, I got into bed and discovered that my upper right hand side of my back was very uncomfortable. I have to lay on my back so I don't regurgatate my food. On Wed. morning, the pain had spread across the middle of the back midway between the shoulders and my hips. It was very painful to move and I felt like I was having muscle spasms when I moved certain ways. On Thursday, there was just a dull ache across my back and I thought I was on the mend. I was taking asprin but that didn't seem to helping the pain much. Late Friday evening, the pain had suddently moved to my lower left hand side of my back above the hip. It is still there and I wasn't able to lay down as it hurt to much and I spent the night in my recliner. It was very painful to have to get up and walk to the bathroom, etc. The rest of my back is fine now with no pain. Just this one area on my lower left side is very painful. I can bend over if I have to  with no pain but it does hurt to bend forward over a sink to brush my teeth.Since this is a Sat. I can't go to see my Dr. until Mon. I'm hoping that it isn't a kidney problem. I'm not having trouble urinating at the moment. Should I go to the emergency or sit it out.