Back & Neck Community
neck, thoracic, and hip/leg/foot pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

neck, thoracic, and hip/leg/foot pain

MRI Cervical Spine     9\1\09
Findings: reverse of normal cervical lordosis.  disc space narrowing C3-C4, C4-C5, C5-C6, C6-C7 levels.  Broad base osteophyte disc bulge is narrowing the AP diameter down the canal at the levels already mentioned.

Axials: C2-C3 shows minimal disc bulge.  Mild degenerative change of facets.
           C3-C4 disc space narrowing and broad base osteophyte disc bulge narrowing the AP diameter down the canal.  Bilateral degenerative change of facets and uncovertebral joints with moderate to severe right sided neural forminal narrowing and mild to moderate left sided neural foraminal narrowing.
           C4-C5 broad base osteophyte disc bulge narrowing the AP diameter down the canal.
and mild degenerative change of facets and uncovertebral joints with mild bowing neural foraminal narrowing
           C5-C6 marked disc space narrowing, bilateral degenerative change of facets and unvovertebral joints, moderate to severe right sided neural foraminal narrowing, moderate left sided neural foraminal narrowing, and decreased CSF spaces anterior and posterior to the cord.  No  abnormal signal in the cord or lapping of the cord.
           C6-C7 marked disc space narrowing, broad base osteophyte and disc bulge, and bilateral degenerative change of facets and uncovertebral joints with mild neural foraminal narrowing.
           C7-T-1 mild degenerative change of facets.
I have lots of pain/burning in my head and face, Headaches, left sided neck, shoulder, arm, and shoulder blade pain with muscle spams constantly.  Ambien and Soma helps until it wears off.  

MRI Cervical Spine      4/18/2002
Some degree of cord compression and displacement by cervical spondylosis.  slight reversal of cervical lordosis C4-C5.  partial developmental fusion of T3 and T4 vertebral bodies.  Cervical disc levels from C3-C7 chromic disc degeneration and decreased height with anterior and posterior vertebral body spurring and mild posterior disc bulge and protrusion, particularly C3 to C6.  Pt motion T2 axial images, but demonstrates moderately severe central posterior disc bulge and protrusion and slight reversal of cervical lordosis withch likely irritates the nerve roots at several levels and again also causes cord compression at these levels.  

MRI Thoracic Spine     9/1/09
Findings: Spinal canal is within normal limits.  The tip of the conus is located at the T12-L1 level.  The patient has evidence of congenital effusion at the 3-4 level.  No impingements on the cord can be seen.  Anterior osteophytes and mild impingement on the ventral thecal sac at T1-T2 and T2-T3 levels.  Congenital effusion at T3-T .  No disc herniations identified impinging on the ventral thecal sac.

Lots of rib pain constant on both sides.

MRI Lumbar Spine      11/12/2003
           L1 throught L3 No abnormality
           L3-L4 disc appoximately 2mm of left posterolateral protrusion into the neural foramen without significant neural foramen compromise or thecal sac deformity.
           L4-L5  Decreased in signal on T2 images.  Approximately 2mm of nonlateralizing posterior disc protrusion is present without significant mass effect.
           L5-S1: The disc is decreased is signal on T3 images.  No loss in disc height is present.  3-4mm of right posterolateral discc protrusion is present with minimal deformity of the right anterolateral aspect of the thecal sac.  No significant neural foramen compromise is identified.  

Impression is minimal displacement of right S1 nerve root with neural foramen and right L 5 nerve root appear unaffected.

My right hip to and including the foot hurts constantly and sometimes at night pain in the left hip. Needless to say with all of the pain I am having from head to foot I get very few minutes straight of sleep.  I think I will soon loose it.  My Dr says I have wear and tear that comes with old age     (I'm 60)     and gave me Motrin, then Naprosyn which hurt my stomach even with food and Protonix. Is there anything that can be done for me.  
I got my right and left mixed up in my post it is my right hip to and including the right foot and sometimes at night pain in the left hip.