neck and head pain
Hi 3 weeks ago i woke up and thought i had a bit of a stiff neck. the pain started on the back of me head just in one spot. after a few days the pain seemed to travel all the way up the left side of my head to my temple. The left side of my head feels weird. I am aware of my ear even my teeth on left side. The doctor told me he thinks its muy muscle which runs from the bottom of your head right up the side to the front. and told me to do gentle head movements on an evening. However after doing this when i turn my head in a clockwise circle my neck cracks every time.
The pain is not really bad all of the time but it is constantly there like a heavy feeling. and certain times of the day  it gets worse.
Any ideas what this could be. i can't get to see my GP til next tuesday.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile you could take some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see of these seem to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!