Back & Neck Community
neck is stiff and sore for months

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

neck is stiff and sore for months

I have had a sore, stiff, burning at times neck for months on left side it goes into shoulder and I can feel it on left side of upper back and into between shoulder blades. It started almost 6 months ago. It's gotten worse over time. I was getting massages in march when it started for anxiety that I developed a couple years ago. The massage felt good but they would stretch me to during the massage and I think it was too much but I don't know. Anyone else have this going on and if so do you know what it is? I am afraid to go to chiropractor. I don't want to be more screwed up.
I have had it too. I woke up one morning and I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow because my neck was so sore. That was a  year ago. It is sore daily now and nothing seems to help it. I have tried icy hot, neck massage, motrin and had some flexal for muscle cramps but it didn't work either. It seems like it is going to work, then I run out and it starts all over again. I was thinking about going to a chiropractor myself, or acupuncture.....gotta do something.
Dakotawinks
Have you seen a doctor for this and maybe had a MRI yet?  If it has been going on for that long of a time then I think you should see a doctor if you haven't already done so.