neck is stiff and sore for months
I have had a sore, stiff, burning at times neck for months on left side it goes into shoulder and I can feel it on left side of upper back and into between shoulder blades. It started almost 6 months ago. It's gotten worse over time. I was getting massages in march when it started for anxiety that I developed a couple years ago. The massage felt good but they would stretch me to during the massage and I think it was too much but I don't know. Anyone else have this going on and if so do you know what it is? I am afraid to go to chiropractor. I don't want to be more screwed up.
I have had it too. I woke up one morning and I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow because my neck was so sore. That was a  year ago. It is sore daily now and nothing seems to help it. I have tried icy hot, neck massage, motrin and had some flexal for muscle cramps but it didn't work either. It seems like it is going to work, then I run out and it starts all over again. I was thinking about going to a chiropractor myself, or acupuncture.....gotta do something.
Dakotawinks
Have you seen a doctor for this and maybe had a MRI yet?  If it has been going on for that long of a time then I think you should see a doctor if you haven't already done so.