Back & Neck Community
neck pain from one side to the other

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

neck pain from one side to the other

I been getting neck pain on the the side of my neck for the last 2 weeks.it started on the right side and my back hurt along with it.last week my right side hurt neck and back and i would get jolts of pain in my neck that come and go.this week i have left side neck pain and shoulder and back pain on the left side.i get jolts of pain that come and go in my neck on this side like the other side and jolts of pain in my shoulder and my back hurts.sometimes i even get jolts of pain under my jaw.I have a pinched siatic (sciatic) nerve on my left side for the past 15 years and it got better but i know its there but its not bad.im wondering if the back and neck pain im getting now has something to do with the pinched siatic (sciatic) nerve at all?it like i cant lift anything at all anymore not even 10 or 15 pounds of anything.not sure it i lifted something or what i did.can neck pain be from back problems?i never really had neck pain before.not sure if i have some sort of disc problem now or what?