Back & Neck Community
neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

neck pain

for the past few weeks I have had neck pain where my spine is located. I have also had pain in both arms from the shoulder to the elbow, but more so in the right arm. I also have pain at the top of my right leg. It hurts more when I first stand, but lessens as I walk. The pain in my neck is constant...its like a stiff neck. The arm sometimes has shooting pain, but mostly when I turn it a certain way.I also have slight pain in my lower back and sides but nothing like the other pain. I have not changed mattress,pillows or my sleeping habits. I've done nothing to injure myself that I am aware of. I do not feel sick. It is not a flu like ache it is a pain
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural issues, joint inflammation/ degeneration, neuro-muscular causes such as muscle sprain, nerve impingement, injuries to muscles/ ligaments, inflammations, spinal causes such as degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies, referred pain from other regions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile you could take some tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS and see of these seem to help.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!