Back & Neck Community
neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

neck pain

hello friends
im regular visitor of this community but this is first time im posting this question. i have done my mri for spine last year .following are the impressions:
cervical spondylosis
c5 6 central and right paracentral disc protrusion indenting thecal sac seen
c6-7 disc bulge indenting thecal sac

Im patient of chronic migraine patient have tried every medication n also tried botox treatment but no benefit :( and along with it i have neck problem with following symptoms feeling numbness pins needles in both arms and also feel gripping power of my hands reduced in episodes.i also couldnt move my left arm for  3-4 minutes but it was just an episode nt a daily thing. i visited neurosurgeon he suggested me surgery even osteopath told me to opt for surgery .i also tried chiropractor but of no benefit. please guys help me out if you guys have any idea about treatment of this.....thankyou in advance
Did you have migraines before you had neck prob.?  I had them for about 25yrs, had tried everything. After a lot of research I found that it was hormonal. I found  an obgyn  that prescribed natural progestrone.not synthetic (very important) one 300mg ca. 1 x day saved my life and sanity. They started when I was in my teens. Got worse as I got older. Didn't have them when I was pregnant. It ended up that I had to have hystorectomy. Still had 1 and part of the other ovary. Dr.'s told me it shouldn't I should not have hormonal migrainses. But I did. Not a lot of people know about the progesterone for migraines. If you think it might be worth a try see your OB. Can't hurt, as for your neck pain, if they feel surgery could help you, and you have done pt and everything.research it and go with what you feel is right for you. I have bulging and hearnated disk at every level with DDD and nerve damage. They can't fix it. I do have a nerve stimulator, haven't gotten it quite right for me, and there are parts of my back it can't help. I'm hoping it will at least help me get off some of the mess. Best wishes to you.