Back & Neck Community
need help on my MRI and spinal sterosis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

need help on my MRI and spinal sterosis

Hi guys i'm a 30 year old male I’ve been a member of this site for a long time now for various reasons.  I’m gonna make this as brief as possible and any input would be greatly appreciated.  I know these forums are filled with great people.

I have always been in chronic pain and always in poor health since childhood.  It all started with lymes disease when I was 13.  Got it again when I was 18, after that I always had mild aches and pains and general fatigue.  Anyway when I was about 26 things turned for the worst.  I was experiencing lower back neck and should pain.  My legs and arms would feel weak with almost soreness.  I went to doctor to doctor getting all kinds of crazy onions from depression to fibromyalgia.  I was finally able to get an MRI after years of trying from a new doctor so anyway here are my results

L1- 2 there is a focal central small disc herniation impressing the anterior thecal sac with some caudad migration with a developmentally small spinal canal, also a schmorls node along the superior posterior of L@.  Mild relative decreased spinal stenosis

L2-3mild bulging of the annulus with no disc hrniation.  Mild degree of relative stenosis small canal

L4-5 right lateral disc herniation extending into the inferior neural foramen.  Ligamentum flavum hypertrophy

L5-S1 diffuse bulging of the annulus.. Some shortening of the anterior aspect of the L5 vertebral body this may be a normal variant or secondary to remote trauma

IMPRESSION:  right lateral disc ernaiation at l4-5 extending into the inferior aspect of the neural foramen causing no enorachment on the nerve root.  Small central disc herniation at L1-2 with caudad migration of the disc material associated with an L2 posterior superior schmorls node.  this mildy impresses the anterior thecal sac.  Has developmentally small spinal canal.  this together with disc bulges results in multilevel spinal stenosis mild at l1-2 3 l3-4
fatty filum
Shortening of the anterior superior aspect of l5 with normal marrow

I kinda get what spinal stenosis is.  From what I understand of it i’m pretty screwed and its only gonna get worst but whats the rest of it mean.  Im i in bad shape cause boy do i feel it.  I have to push myself everyday to go to work please help shed some light on my devastating news sorry its so long but i guess it had to be thanks again guys.  im very worried and scared for my future i cant take living with pain anymore what can i do cause i cant take this lifestyle anymore
Could you go into a little more detail on you're back pain, do you have pain down the leg, nerve pain, balance problems?
How is your calcium intake?  You need to boost more calcium on your diet, if you do lifting work, use proper body mechanics.  what kind of work do you do?
What's your weight?  and height?  You should have a balance  intake of food.
Get a massager to your legs and arms.  You also  need a trainor to do the right exercise for your body and do it regularly.  Now focus on getting well.  Whatever you are doing now that causes the pain too.  you may need to change work too.  You are over active.  Relax.