Back & Neck Community
numbness in butt cheek

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

numbness in butt cheek

I am twentyfour years old and male. I dont want to give background enless you will need it i want to know what you think. there is a spot about five inches in diameter on my left butt cheek that has no feeling to the touch. if i use somting other than my finger and watch in the mirror i can drag it over and feel right where the feeling starts and stops. this has been going on for 7 days now. the only progression i have had is a VERY sharp pain that seems to generate from the center of this numb area when i sit right on it and slide as if i were pulling the skin? does anyone have any ideas what or how serious. i am on travel for work for another month and wont be able to see my primary care provider, any ideas would be great???
Maybe sciatic nerve pain...