Back & Neck Community
pain in neck, head, arm , leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

pain in neck, head, arm , leg

I have been suffering severe headaches and neck aches since the last 4 years. The pain starts at the base of the head (behind the right ear)  and travels to the top of the head as well as down my right arm. The pain is usually concentrated in my right side. The doctors originally diagnosed it as cervical spondylitis and then a year later as migraine. Another doctor I visted suggested it was tensoiin headaches.i have been taking medication for migraine over the last one year. However the pain in my arm persists. its is a  dull ache which often lasts days at a stretch combined with a pins nad needle feling  and numbnes some times.  There is also stiffness in my shoulders and swelling in the right side of my face and right shoulder for the last three years.the right side of my face seems to be sagging slightly.for the last one month, I have been suffering from an ache down my right leg also.There seems to be a concentartion of pain at the base of my right foot which i discovered while massaging my feet. Can you please help?
Hi,it seem you suffer from Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) as well.but without physical examination,it's hard to know it,sorry.
of course,most of problem still due to neck trouble. (around C2)
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS)
Symptoms include neck, shoulder, and arm pain, numbness, or impaired circulation to the extremities (causing discoloration). Often symptoms are reproduced when the arm is positioned above the shoulder or extended. Patients can have a wide spectrum of symptoms from mild and intermittent, to severe and constant. Pains can extend to the fingers and hands, causing weakness.

Good luck!