Back & Neck Community
pain lower back and pelvis/legs

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

pain lower back and pelvis/legs

Last month I ws a pedistrian wakling down the street and was hit by a car. The major impact was on the front/back/pelvis/shoulder/legs and knees. Due to NYS no fault one can be seen for one issue at a time. I had MRi of rt shoulder which was neg but I am still having pain when moving the shoulder and am getting numbness in the arm/hand. Had a cortisone shot in shoulder which helped somewhat but not to much.
My lower back hurts when i move and bend and doing most activities and I started PT todsay. X-rays of back showed nothng. Now I am getting pain going into the groin areas and at times my leg starts to buckle but I catch myself before it does buckle. What would be the reaso why this is happeing. My ortho pedic is just givubg anti inflammatory medication but nothing else. My PCP gave me patches but they don't work. I am just worried that due to the accident I am going to getting these pains w/out knopwing why. Please advise and offer any sugestiuons that may help.
The shoulder pain could be caused by an injury in your spine/back.  I had numbness behind my left shoulder blade that ended up being caused by a bulging disc in my lumbar spine. Just an idea....

What kind of patches did the doctor give you?  Lidoderm maybe? or Flector? I would suggest keeping a pain diary.  Keep details such as what you were doing when the pain increased whether it be an activity or thoughts.  Stress makes pain worse too! And present that to your doctor at the next appointment.  That way they know you are serious about your pain and want to take an active part in healing.  Good luck!