Back & Neck Community
pain on right side of back radiating to left leg
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pain on right side of back radiating to left leg

Hi. For about 2 months now the right side of my back has been in intense pain. I mean its as far up as my shoulder blade and goes all the way down to my hip, butt area. It feels as if the muscle is extremely tight and on fire, it burns so bad. No matter what I do I can not get it to loosen up. The part that has me stumped and worried though is that at the same time I am having this terrible pain in my back(the right side) I am also having very bad pains in my left leg. Yes the left leg. So its the right side of the back effecting the left leg. The pain I feel in my leg is hard to explain though because my leg is numb to the touch, but yet it hurts deep down inside. You know like when your leg goes to sleep and its numb, yet it tingles and hurts inside at the same time, well its like that only 10 times worse. My knee especially. It feels as if someone has a hot knife stuck through my knee and is twisting it in circles. I am about to go nuts. I saw a doctor but he didnt really do any significant testing that day, he did come to the conclusion that the left side of my body is much weaker than the right is, by doing some kind of balancing test on my feet, heels and tiptoes. All I know is this hurts like hell and its driving me insane. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? If so,I would appreciate any and all suggestions... thanks in advance.
Aurora
Tags: Pain, Knee