pain questions!!!
I have recently been diagnosed with bulging discs in my neck, my lower back and have arthritis in my neck. I also have chiari(5mm herniation) which most the Dr's say isn't causing any problems. I also have occipital neuralgia, they said the only thing to help that is a nerve block. My question is, the nerve block, if it works will help the nerve issue, but not the bulging discs. One of the Dr's I have seen gave me a script for percocet, but only for 1 month. He won't refill it. What in the world am i supposed to do about all this pain? Now my right hip has started giving me a lot of trouble and hurting like crazy..I just don't know what to do. I can't do any regular household stuff w/o it causing pain. THe headaches of course are there more than they aren't. What in the world do I need to say to get some relief?? It's so frustrating. Well thanks for listening!!
~Melissa
Anti-convulsant medications have been extremely helpful to many for relief from nerve pain due to neuralgia and other types of diseases involving damage to the nerves.  A couple of these types of medications are neurontin (gabapentin) and lyrica (pregablin).

I am sorry that your doctor refuses to refill your percocet script.  I think you really need to setup an appointment and discuss this with him so that you understand why he isn't refilling your percocet.  If his answer isn't satisfactory to you and/or he doesn't offer other alternatives for managing your pain, I think you need to start looking for another doctor.  

I hope you find relief for your pain soon.

femmy