painful lump in back of neck
EES
I've got a painful spot in the back of my neck about an inch under my hairline and an inch to the left of spine.  It's like a hard lump.  Been going to a chiropracter, but that just seems to aggravate it and makes it hurt more.  It makes my neck muscles hurt a lot and gives me headaches in the back of my head on that side.  I had a neurofibroma tumor removed about 6 inches from that place - felt the same as this one - so am suspicious.  But, he x-rayed it and said I have a bulging disk and he couldn't see any tumors.  Can anyone tell me if a neurofibroma tumor, or a soft tumor in general will show up on an x-ray?  Or will they only show up on MRIs or CT scans?  I could be wrong, but thought they weren't dense enough for x-raying.  I'm sure this is a good chiropracter, but am wondering if I need a different kind of imaging to check for another neurofibroma tumor....  Any opinions?  Advice?  Thanks in advance.
You better get that checked out asap!!! You probably have Hodgkins Disease!!!!