Back & Neck Community
painful lump in back of neck

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

painful lump in back of neck

I've got a painful spot in the back of my neck about an inch under my hairline and an inch to the left of spine.  It's like a hard lump.  Been going to a chiropracter, but that just seems to aggravate it and makes it hurt more.  It makes my neck muscles hurt a lot and gives me headaches in the back of my head on that side.  I had a neurofibroma tumor removed about 6 inches from that place - felt the same as this one - so am suspicious.  But, he x-rayed it and said I have a bulging disk and he couldn't see any tumors.  Can anyone tell me if a neurofibroma tumor, or a soft tumor in general will show up on an x-ray?  Or will they only show up on MRIs or CT scans?  I could be wrong, but thought they weren't dense enough for x-raying.  I'm sure this is a good chiropracter, but am wondering if I need a different kind of imaging to check for another neurofibroma tumor....  Any opinions?  Advice?  Thanks in advance.
You better get that checked out asap!!! You probably have Hodgkins Disease!!!!