pinched nerve, hernidated disc
An MRI has shown that I have a pinched nerve and herniated disc in C6-7. I get neck pain daily lately that radiates down my right arm and sometimes tingling in my right hand. I do not want to have surgery. Is there some other way that can relieve this pain?
I would say no.  I had the surgery and still have these problems.  It's now moving to my left side.  Some days are better than others.  If I use my arms too much I get pain and stiffness.  If I'm on the computer too much I go numb.  It wakes me up sometimes!  And all this after 9 mos. of physical therapy.........the Dr.  says he doesn't want to do anymore surger and that all he can do for me now, is pain management........the pain pills have made a mess of my stomach.  I am now on SSI and having depression so, I'm on meds for that too.  Sorry, I hope I didn't make you feel worse, I was herniated from C5-7 and I totally know what your dealing with.  Mine was caused by head trauma at work..........it's no fun.  Have you tried the steroid shot?  They say that sometimes helps.  It was too late for me but maybe it will help you!  Okay thank you for listening.
Thaks for your input. No, I have not tried any steroid shots. I have been using a cervical brace. It's unbelievable just how much this has helped. I had used one many months ago and had forgotten just how much relief I had gotten by using it. No more pain and tingling down my arm, into my hand. So right now, this is what I'm going to do. Nothing drastic. I can relate to your stomach being a mess from the pain management pills. I cannot take Motrin, or anything else that has aspirin in them. Since I'm on the computer a lot, it puts a lot of stress on the pinched nerve. Therefore I must get in the habit of wearing the neck brace when sitting for hours at the computer. Ever try looking up to the sky? That really aggrivates the pinched nerves in my neck and the tingling and numbness become quite severe. Almost like someone zapped me with an electric rod or something. Anyhow, thanks again for your input.
I just happened upon this website and saw your comments.  I also have a pinched nerve at C6-7.  I've finished 6 weeks of PT and just started accupuncture last week.  I have so much difficulty sleeping at night because I keep getting spasms in my scapula and sometimes tingling down my right arm.  I'm resisting seeing my doctor again because he said I had three choices:  1-just live with it, 2-try physical therapy and 3-have the surgery.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Vicki