Back & Neck Community
pinched nerve?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

pinched nerve?

I have a now mild herniated disc (s1 l5,lumbar region) that was unbearable several moths ago but when I recently got it back in febuary of 2010 it was the worst pain imaginable,the injury itself was caused by bad form in the gym I believe.now even though I had that pain goin on I still continued goin to the gym but only to do pull ups,and progressed to weighted pull ups in 6 months time,no problems until after the 6 month mark I got a job where i would have to stand for 8 hours but my head was always craned downward and graduallly started to feel this sharp pain from my neck to my shoulder (still continued the pull ups of course) but then as it would not go away my right upper back started to tighten up.well,I went to get it checked out an was told it was a small compression in my neck and to certain strecthes but it is goin to be a year and nothing still,by the way no pull ups have been done this whole time after hearing the diagnosis,I was told it could be due to stress and that there was a bit of a muscular imbalance on my upper back,left and right side are slightly uneven.so dont know where to go from here sorry for the typos but its late