pinched nerve
First, I tore my left rotator cuff about a year ago. Had physical therapy for a couple of months. About 7 or 8 months ago, my shoulder blade, the nerves under it, on my left side, are killing me. I went to the chiro. but I fear he made it worse. He cracked my neck, and I have had excruciating pain going from the left sied of my neck down to just under my shoulder blade. I even had accupuncture several times, but that gets a little too expensive. This pain is absolutely killing me, it hurts so bad and feels like there is a pick or shard or knife wedged in my shoulder blade. I s there ANYTHING I can do to at least lessen the pain? Please help! Thanks

I can relate!

I hope someone answers you as I am looking for similar solution.
I am unsure what I did to my back but I can not get relief...some days worse than others.
I am not sure if I pinched a nerve in my sleep but I can feel a knife between my shoulder blades and the pain causes burning sensation to go up to the back of my head when I am relaxing at night (there is dull pain there all day long) this is in the area of the occipital nerve. Had MRI/MRA of head and neck with no results as to why I am experiencing this pain.
I heard taking muscle relaxers will make it worse on the nerve. I was interested in trying accupunture...how did that work for you? Also do you have the pain travel up your neck to your head? And how hard is it to diagnos a pinch nerve?

~Nichole
Sound like we mauy have the same problem. The pain does travel up my neck to the back of my head and down my left arm, which sometimes goes numb! You should try accupuncture, it was AWESOME and it worked. I just can't afford to go right now. You know it's a pinched constant, radiating pain that gets no relief even with massage! sucks, I know!

Kim
Yeah its constant and radiating some times intense to the point of no sleep and other times a dull pain. I don't have the money either :) but I am desperate and will spend it cause I need the relief as my quality to function daily is interrupted and my anxiety level is too high because I have no answers.

I take prescription Motrin to get inflammation down but I am not even sure if thats good to use?

Thanks for your input, hopefully someone else maybe can share their experience with this and what they did for relief. HOW DANG LONG BEFORE IT HEALS :)!

Then I would urge you to get accupuncture!  I felt great after the first time! I don't think motrin is your answer, no pills help me, only accupuncture and stretches for my neck and back. Mine is killing me right now! :(   It takes awhile to heal completely, but if you listen to the accupuncture person, it WILL heal soon enough.  Trust me, give it a try!  I was a very big skeptic, I was AMAZED! OMG, it felt so good! Let me know!

Kim
Thank you for input,Acupuncture works.
And you should do some gentle exercise for pain relief. Attention! Gentle!!! No Rush!!! It's nothing about pinching  nerves,It's soft tissure injury.
Thank you for your comment on the exercise....I was wondering how much to do for stretching and working that area. I could tell from one experience that too much makes it feel worse.

Will be trying acupuncture :)

~Nichole

exercise may be under the direct supervision of a physical therapist or via a home program. Therapy includes stretching or range-of-motion exercises for the shoulder,BUT REMEMBER!
just limited ------you don't feel too much pain,otherwise,It can your condition worse! Common sense solutions such as avoiding overexertion or overdoing activities in which you normally don't participate can help to prevent shoulder pain. Time can heal your shoulder as well.keep fit for whole body is important!