Back & Neck Community
please, your analysis to MRI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

please, your analysis to MRI

I had an injury to my lower back by lifting a piece of pipe. I had numbness on in my left leg and felt like ice running through my veins. ppl had told me it was probaly just a sciatic nerve problem so i went at first to massage therapist for about 8 visits. didnt cure it. Then went to a chiropractor, had x rays and everything. Had adjustments for about 10 visits, still no fix . I had did this injury at my job. well My employer fired me b/c I was going to the chiropractor three times a wk and I was no use to them no more b/c of being gone during those times. I then turned to workmans comp. Went to doctor and he analyzed me and said i shouldnt be working but maybe a sedentary job. Well my late employer kept putting off my work comp claim forever and still me no help in my back. I dont have the money for a doctor so I have just been in pain. This comp case has gone on for about 18 mnths and finally my lawyer ordered me an mri. These are the results-------------FINDINGS-Lumbar vertebral body stature, heght, and alignment appear within normal limits. Vertebral body marrow signal appears within normal limits. The conus medullaris terminates at L1.         L3-4:   A disc bulge and facet osteoarthropathy contribute to mild central canal stenosis and mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.      L4-5:   There is a broad-based disc bulge with a superimposed central disc protrusion with caudal extrusion contributing to moderate central canal stenosis and mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis, right worse than left.      L5-S1:     There is a broad based disc bulge with a superimposed central and left paracentral disc protrusion contributing to mild central canal stenosis and mild to moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.    IMPRESSION:   1.  Disc bulge with superimposed central disc protrusion at L5-S1 contributes to mild central canal stenosis and mild to moderate bilateral neural foraminal stenosis.    2.  Disc bulge with superimposed central disc protrusion with caudal extrusion at L4-5 contributes to moderate central canal stenosis and mild bilateral neural foraminal stenosis, right greater than left.     I felt thepain in my lower right side of my back when accident occured, then mainly it was my left leg that had went numb and tingling(the hurting).  I havent worked in past 18 mnths due to afraid of further injuring myself. Going to doctor again soon to iterpret my mri results and see if surgery is needed. Can u give me your opinion of these findings and if indeed surgery could be the option, what kind of surgery would be the best. Thank you for your time and opinion. By the way I have felt pain in my sphincter area alot, have had blood in stool, impotence has also been a problem. please advise me----thank u!