please help i have the neck of a 65 yr old and im only 43
I currently had an mri of cervical spine and it showed
1. Multilevel disc dessication (desiccation),
2. Large disc extrusion at C3/C4 indenting the ventral cervical cord significantly
3. Moderate to severe central canal stenosis at C3/C4
4. Small right far lateral disc protrusion at C7/T1 encroaching the neural foramen and possibly impinging the exiting C8 nerve root on the right side
5. Moderate central canal stenosis at C5/C6 and C6/C7 due to osteophyte complex and ligamentum flavum redundancy
6. Moderate to severe right neural foraminal narrowing at C7/T1
7. Moderate bilateral neural foraminal narrowing at C5/C6 and C6/C7
8. Reversal of cervical lordosis
9. Reactive endplate changes at C6/C7 characterized by hyperintensity on T1 and T2
Ive been studying a lot about all these conditions and symptoms are worsening rapidly. I know that a lot of these conditions are from the normal aging process and its common to have a lot of these condtions by age 60 or older but I am only 43 and am wondering if any of this can be caused by something else as well like an old injury or trauma. I did have a really bad slip and fall a few years ago but the symptoms didnt start appearing until about a year and a half ago. The pain has gotten progressively worse and its become difficulty to function on a daily basis. If anyone has any advice or knowledge about this or has any kind of input i would be soo greatful. ive only seen a spine specialist so far and all he recommended was physical therapy for strengthening exercises does anyone think i should inquire about seeing a neurosurgeon about my conditions, its got me pretty scared.?
Yes, I think old injuries and trauma do contribute to the condition of our spines. I severely injured my low back as the result of a fall. In the case of my C-spine I think my former occupation was really what caused all the problems. Could u please elaborate on ur current symptoms?
Nothing wrong with consulting a Neurosurgeon, to see what he/she thinks. But please do not commit to any surgery until exhausting all conservative treatments and getting multiple surgical consults. Surgery should only be used as a last resort and isn't always the answer, believe me, I know.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.