post hammer toe surgery
I had hammer toe surgery done 2 weeks ago, my foot is now bandaged with foot padding at the bottom. I have been managing to walk around without my crutches, however need to put most of my weight on my heel when i walk, as i was told by my doctor that no pressure should be put directly on the toe until the pin comes out. Yesterday i found that my calve muscle on the leg i had the surgery done, has become very big! how is this possible? i have hardly been walking much on that leg and it looks strange as my other leg is not very muscular.
Hi!
Please consult your doctor immediately. An increase in calf muscle area post surgery can be due to deep vein thrombosis, and in your case even due to compartment syndrome due to putting too much pressure on the heels. It can also be due to muscle inflammation or due to skin infection. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.