Back & Neck Community
post op pain...cervical disc removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

post op pain...cervical disc removal

I had surgery on the disc c6/c7 in early November. They entered through the front of my neck and removed the gel from within the disc. I was experiencing severe pain in my neck, shoulder, down my arm to the elbow. The thumb, index finger and middle fingers were all going numb. the MRI scan prior to surgery showed large bulge on left side impinging on nerve to arm and spine. Post op. the pain stopped immediately leaving only numbness in index finger
After surgery I did very well and was advised to return to work at 2 months. At about 2 months my neck pain has returned all localised around c6/c7. I am going to physio but it has no effect. Should I return to the specialist. I have not been able to rest properly as i have been minding a 2 year old all day every day and the lifting catches my neck by times.  
Tags: post op