pulled muscle or fractured collarbone?
I just fell down the stairs, about 9 or 10 carpeted steps. I landed on my butt, and grabs the handrail with my left hand.  When I did that I felt something pop between my arm and my neck. Now I feel moderate pain between my neck and shoulder.  I can't afford to go see my doctor (no money for co-pay). Is this something I should go to the hospital for?  I can't afford un necessary medical bills.
For the most part it doesn't hurt that bad, but when I turn my head to the right or tilt it toward the right I feel a very sharp pain.
Should I wait it out and see if it naturally goes away, or could this be serious and in need of immediate medical careBTW, I'm still lying on the stair landing.
Now I can feel the pain going up the left side of my arm and the left side of my head. And I'm getting a headache in my temples. Maybe I should go to the hospital. Or maybe I just need to lay down and sleep on my back or right side for a while.
Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms without a detailed clinical evaluation. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fractures, dislocations, injuries to muscles, muscle sprain/ spasm, neurological causes, inflammation etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought. Meanwhile I would suggest rest, ice-packs or warm compresses and tylenol/ OTC NSAIDS may be helpful for pain relief.
Hope this helps.

Take care!