Back & Neck Community
sciatic pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

sciatic pain

i have problems with my back. im 22 years old and i have pain in my "back" which actually i have looked up pictures on the internet about nerves and what it actually is is my sciatic nerve. i continually have problems with my sciatic to the point where my right leg shakes and gives out. i have went to the hospital and they have done x-rays and they say nothing is wrong. it is getting to the point that i go through the pain everyday and i fall while walking. i am tired of the doctors saying nothing is wrong and that it will go away by morning. yet it doesnt i have been in pain for about 2 weeks now and i am getting worried that when i get older i wont be able to walk. it starts at my tailbone and sometimes runs to the middle of my thigh and other times it goes to my ankle. at times it brings me to tears and i cant get out of bed. i have to have help getting up to go to the bathroom. and when i get up and start moving everyone knows to get out of my way because if i stop i wont be able to finish the walk. if someone can give me an answer it would be greatly appreciated. i have been going through this for about 2 years now and im tired of it please can you help