sciatica burning down left leg
my wife has a burning sensation going down her left leg ,it has her to a point where she can hardly walk ,is their anything she can do at home to relive this burning feeling . Thanks
The clinical term for that is probably sciatica. In my case, it is caused by a bulging disc that is sitting on my sciatic nerve. My doctor prescribed me tramadol for the pain and topamax for the shooting pain. It does help with the pain. HOWEVER, tramadol is addictive. Topamax will make you lose weight, which is ok for some but not for a 100 pounder like me. My doctor also mentioned Lyrica for the shooting pain, but the side effect of that one is weight gain. Also, my doc tried amitriptylene (an antidepressant) which was horrible for me. It made me really zombie-like and bitchy with everyone, and it made me feel sweaty and dirty. Just some suggestions for you, what works for one may not work for another. Good luck.