Back & Neck Community
severe neck and back pain cannot lift left arm!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to back and neck problems, exercise, pain, sleeping, and physical therapy.

Hi guys,

3 weeks ago I work up with left shoulder pain esp. on the side and upper shoulder. The symptoms got worse and I had an X ray and MRI done of my shoulder. Everything checked out ok. a week later pain got worse and has radiated to my upper back and lower neck. Now I am having trouble lifting my left arm!! I can lift it if I use my right arm to assist but I cannot lift it on my own.Like I have no strength or something is wrong with my nerves??? I have full use below my elbow and my fingers are fine.

I had an MRI done of my neck yesterday and am waiting for the results.

Any idea what can be going on with me?

thx,
Harvey

This discussion is related to Right Shoulder/Arm - pain/tingling/numbness.
Hey Harvey!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neuro-muscular causes such as, injuries, dislocations, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hello like you. I have sever back pain an a few months ago my right arm is numb all day all night. As u discribe my R arm is numb from my right side of my neck to my shoulder very painful in my elbow down to my wrist.my wrist an thumb pointer finger are swollen an painful.. I have a doc who just can't believe my pain . He himself told me I had. Arthritis in the spine also suffer from scroliosis since I was 12. That's the age I was diagnosed but can remember have terrible back pain. I who's I could find relief.. All the dope heads make it hard for the true sufferers.