severe pain on both hips and buttock area after spinal fusion (alif)
Hello All,
I am a 40 year old male that has had two back surgeries. First Surgery February 2014  Lumbar Spine Posterior Discectomy Micro-discectomy on L4 & L5. Surgery failed no improvement.  My Second surgery March 2015  Anterior lumbar interbody fusion (alif) surgery with cage implants and bone grafts harvested from my own hip bone in L4, L5, & S1. I experience sciatica on my right leg  and most frequent on left leg ;shooting pain down my right/left  hip/buttocks, goes down the back of the leg. The last 3 years left foot numbness. My worst pain is in bed getting up is very painful.  Before my ALIF surgery I suffered from sciatica foot numbness and pain in mostly my left le region. After 6 weeks post ALIF surgery or so I started getting pain in my buttock/hip region. This actually started during my physical therapy. At first I was doing water therapy this is when it started. My last day of water therapy I was literally about to go to ER from P.T clinic. From there on it just had gotten worst, no real improvement. I went back for more P.T sessions stretching and other exercises . What Physical Therapist did notice that my hip motion was very limited and not much improved happen during all my sessions about 40 or so. It’s being about 10 months after surgery and 4 months of P.T. and pain on hips doesn’t not go away. I have to be careful going up or down stairs. Getting out of bed or moving around in bed it’s a battle. I have spoken to my surgeon and he says it will take more time for recovery and possible have to live with this pain as a fact of life. I have also spoke to other doctor s and pretty much same response. Once thing I just found out recently is about Hip Bursitis. I was diagnosed with Arthritis. My surgeon keeps on saying it’s my Arthritis causing pain but prior to ALIF surgery I never had this buttocks pain , specially getting in and out bed. I was wondering if anyone has had same symptoms after spinal fusion surgery having  Hip Pain From Arthritis or Hip Bursitis?